Our firm’s Banking and Finance department represents and acts on behalf of major commercial banks and co-operative societies in litigation related to banking and financial disputes.
Our team has substantially and wealthy experience in assisting and advising local and international banks, borrowers, guarantors and security providers on a variety of matters associated to banking and finance law, which include, among others:
- Disputes and litigation between Banks/Financial Institutions and customers
- Restructuring of existing loans and collaterals
- Refinancing of existing debts
- Negotiation, documentation and execution of credit facilities
- ocumentation and enforcement of security
- Indemnities and guarantees
- Restructurings, bankruptcy and insolvency
- Legal opinions and legal due diligence exercises
Two of our team members, our partner, Mr. Iosif Frangos and Ms. Aleka Fasianou are licensed insolvency practitioners, enabling them to act as liquidators, receivers, administrators or examiners under the Companies Law or as a trustee in bankruptcy of a natural person.