In a more than ever complex corporate world with immense challenges lying ahead, the necessity for quality legal support is high on the agenda.
The firm has historically focused on corporate law and has been constantly engaged to advise, support, and litigate on commercial and corporate law.
Some of the main areas of expertise include, but are not limited to the following:
- Company formation and incorporation of companies in Cyprus and all overseas jurisdictions and secretarial services
- Provision of legal opinions on all corporate matters stemming from the relevant legislation and case law, as well as cross-border cases requiring knowledge of private international law
- Conducting Legal Due Diligence Reports on corporate entities
- Corporate Governance, corporate social responsibility
- Public-listed companies
- Investment Funds
- Advising and drafting documentation on Mergers and Acquisitions (Reorganisation and Reconstruction, filing and handling the required court applications
- Advising on directors’ duties, shareholder agreements, articles of association and corporate governance issues
- Advising on insolvency issues and wrongful trading
- Advising on shareholder disputes and unfair prejudice
- Increase and reduction of capital
- Management buy-outs (or buy-ins)
- Advising on all related tax aspects
Corporate litigation and arbitration:
- Drafting and advising on all kinds of commercial contracts including but not limited to shareholders agreements, agency and distributorship agreements, joint venture agreements, data protection agreements, confidentiality agreements, supplier and customer agreements, franchising and outsourcing agreements
- Drafting and advising on all kinds of investment agreements
- Drafting and advising on all kinds of intellectual property agreements
- Partnership formation and dissolution
- Cross – border transactions and joint ventures
- Creation of trusts (or international trusts)
We are very well experienced in representing clients in complex and international corporate disputes and we may confidently admit that we gained significant knowledge and expertise in the field of interim proceedings, freezing injunctions, Mareva injunctions, Chambra orders, disclosure orders, Norwhich Pharmacal proceedings and injunctions in aid of foreign civil or arbitration proceedings.
We have also been heavily involved in proceedings in relation to the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.